Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Roundup Looking at Houses Edition

Searching for a house could be a satisfying but confusing pursuit at the same time!  Yesterday, we went to see a bunch of houses in an attempt to nail down the area that we would like to live in (we plan to buy in a year or so) and let me just say that we are as confused as ever!  There’s a house that looks alright.  Then there are ones that are 10% more expensive, then there are smaller houses in a better area, and of course there are unaffordable ones that you really would like but can’t buy.  So, let me ask you.  How did you buy your first house?

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll.

Personal Finance Articles

  • First, a big “GET BETTER SOON” to my buddy Clever Dude, who is having back problems.  I hope everything is going to be fine soon!
  • The minute I read about My Two Dollars’ extreme frugality, I instantly remembered how my wife did this.  (To be honest, we only did it once in a while)  What else do you do?
  • ABCs talk about how interest rate affect bond prices this time around.  Check it out and learn something at the same time.
  • I wrote a note at Investing School about taking diversification in context.  Don’t just blindly follow financial advice.
  • I loved the idea of turning off all lights during Earth Hour, as Frugal Dad suggested.  Never mind the frugal aspects but the quality family time you can spent together doing something fun.  I think I will do that after writing this post.

Personal Finance Article


Related Articles at Personal Finance Blog by Money Ning:


Read more of Sunday Roundup Looking at Houses Edition…



No comments: