Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Out of Your Routine

Getting out of your routine not only helps you appreciate what you are used to but it also sheds light on whether you are on the right track with life. May was a very busy month for me, as I went on two separate vacations in addition to a multi-day conference. Don’t get me wrong - the time was well spent as they were both fun and engaging but it also meant a total change from my usual schedule.

Morning coffee was no longer available with a touch of a button, a good night’s sleep was just not possible and more importantly, a relaxed environment was no where to be seen as I write to my favorite people (that’s you!).

As I try to settle down from all the hoopla of the month on a Sunday morning, reflecting on the experience told me that:

  • I miss my wife when she’s not with me.
  • I love writing to my readers and what I’m doing everyday.
  • and I really need to keep telling you that if you hate what you are doing, you need to change professions.

You are probably thinking right now “Is this guy nuts?  We are in a recession and I’m just happy I still have my job!”  Hey, no one is doubting that jobs are scarce, but realize that no one is keeping you from taking a class or two on what you actually enjoy to gain the skillset to switch careers.  No time?  How about making some.  Just two days ago, I heard of a person who worked from 8-6pm, spent time with his family from 6-10pm and then had tons of time from 10pm to 2am every single day to work on his business.  Do you really not have enough time or do you rather spent the time watching TV?

The life is yours.  Don’t be afraid to take steps to make it better, and don’t be lazy and live life like everyone else.  You deserve better and it can be done.


Related Articles at Personal Finance Blog by Money Ning:


Read more of Getting Out of Your Routine…



No comments: