Monday, October 19, 2009

Austere

I have a really close friend who is really harsh and severe in their approaches with people. This is really a bad thing considering she works with people a lot. I told her that is extremely austere in hopes that she might go look up the word later when I'm not around and be less offended. I was hoping that she then could change a little bit. Unfortunately, that plan did not work.

When I told her that she was austere, I neglected to remember that she got her undergraduate in English. Of course she already knew what the word meant. I felt a little bit bad. I didn't know what to do. Of course, telling someone who is austere that they need to change is probably a bad idea as you can imagine. It was pretty humorous.

At least I got a good laugh out of it later on. The moral of this story is to never tell someone who is austere what they really are. It might prove to be funny but still isn't worth it.



No comments: