Thursday, December 17, 2009

How Big is Your Credit Card Balance?

The holiday season is undoubtedly the happiest time of the year for many people. At the same time, it’s also one of the most costly.

One of the great benefits of having my credit card where I bank is that the credit card balance is right there staring me in the face every time I log in to check my account balance (a task I embarrassingly admit that I do a bit too often).

I noticed something a little surprising a few days ago – my balance is 3 times monthly average. As I look into the details and think back, every transactions was authorized by me. No fraud, and no one else to blame. No doubt the holiday mood helped ease my spending decisions, but wait, this card is for business expenses?!?!?

Even with my websites, Santa didn’t let up. Maybe the higher spending will lead to better growth in the coming months, but that’s an entirely different topic. At the end of the day, I still spent more than I normally would have.

How about you?

What is your credit card balance right now? I know we are approaching the last week before the holidays, and during this time is usually when emotions are high and spending is even higher. All I ask is this: Don’t let all the holiday season affect your spending habits to a point that you will regret it.

Just take a quick look at your spending this month, and promise me you will stay the course. You may feel a little put off by this, considering that we are all happy and looking forward to the few days off, but many of you will thank me come January. Trust me.

Can you believe that Christmas day is next Friday? Have you gone off track with your spending this month or is everything still on budget?

Let us know! We can help each other!


Related Articles at Personal Finance Blog by Money Ning:


Read more of How Big is Your Credit Card Balance?…



No comments: